Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday: Not a day of rest but a nice day of cooking!

About 10 years ago a friend of mine declined an invitation on a Sunday because she said that she would be chopping veggies and preparing food all day.  She explained that she did most of her cooking on Sundays to ease her load during the week.  It made sense, I guess.  At the time, I couldn't imagine what in the world would take all day to cook and why it was worth it to her to lose one of her days off.

Now I get it.

I learned this past week that something will always have to give.  The consequence of 3 fun evenings out this week (errands, dad's birthday, girls' night) was that I didn't cook 3 dinners.  No dinner means no breakfast or lunch for me since I always cook extra to take leftovers.

So today I went all out.  This morning I made our weekly menu, went grocery shopping, and went at it!  Here's what I've made today.
  • Green salad w/ peperoncinis, roasted red peppers, and feta (lunch)
  • Turkey sliders w/ tzatziki sauce (lunch)
  • Spinach, mushroom, and turkey bacon quiche (hubby's breakfast for the week)
  • Quinoa w/ squash, eggplant, and mushrooms (My breakfast for the week)
  • Tomato Bisque (lunch)
  • Cobb salad  (lunch)
All this prep should help hubby and I stick to our menu plan this week and save me some work in the mornings too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed!! Looks great and sounds like you had fun doing it as well!!

    ReplyDelete