Thursday, May 13, 2010

The little pumpkin that could

Sandy is a totally relaxed gardener.  When she talks about her garden, it all sounds so easy!  Example:  Sandy usually takes the Halloween jack-o-lanterns and makes pumpkin pie and such.  But this year, she just didn't get around to it.  So eventually, she and her son took a shovel to the pumpkins and just chopped them to pieces in the dirt.  And that was that!   Or so she thought.
This is just one of the pumpkin plants that popped up in abundance.  I mean she wasn't even trying and got beautiful pumpkin plants.  No wonder it all seems so easy to her!

Sandy generously donated one of her plants to my garden.  I am hoping to keep it  alive and be able to harvest my very own pumpkins this fall!  The zucchini and cucumber I planted are doing well so far, but the crookneck squash is toast.  Here's to a wonderful fall harvest!


No comments:

Post a Comment