Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Ribs are WAY better!


My husband and I have been very diligent about keeping to our scheduled menu and cooking our meals at home. It's easier on our bodies and our budget. But Friday night we decided to throw caution to the wind and eat at one of our favorite soul food restaurants. When we got there we were practically drooling over the ribs, greens, hush puppies, etc. But when we got it home, eh, nothing special!

We couldn't believe it! We both decided that the ribs we had been making at home were WAY better! And all the sides...blah!

So then, coincidentally on Saturday while hanging out with his family, another trip to a rib restaurant was planned. We decided it was worth giving it another go since Friday's dinner was such a disappointment. Well, strike 2! Again we decided that we like OUR recipe better. It's really too bad since I knew I would be dealing with a case of hives from the corn syrup in the BBQ sauce at the restaurant.

So what's so great about OUR rib recipe?
1. It's allergen-free, so I don't get any hives later.
2. It tastes great on beef or pork ribs.
3. It's spicy and sweet, finger-licking good!

I can't post the recipe because we've decided that it's our SUPER SECRET rib recipe that maybe one day we'll enter into a cook-off! But I can say, it starts with a spicy dry rub and then ends with a sweet basting on the grill. YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment