Sunday, May 16, 2010

Greek Lunch and Lemon Harvest

Every weekend I make a menu.  I add one or two new recipes to try for the week and then get the thumbs up or down from my hubby.  Sometimes they make it into the rotation and sometimes not.  This one is definitely making it into the rotation!  YUM YUM
I got the recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen, an awesome recipe blog. 

Greek meatballs, salad, and tzatziki.  Actually the meatballs in the picture are the Greek meatballs, but earlier we tried a different turkey meatball recipe that we liked better and I think will stick with that one.  Both meatball recipes have egg in them. (allergen for me)  I don't seem to react to egg when I have it infrequently, only if I have them daily.  So the meatballs will be a once-in-awhile treat, but the salad and tzatziki sauce were fantastic!

Lemon Harvest

We had our first big harvest from the lemon trees in our backyard.  We made lemonade and a natural lemon household cleaner.  The rest we juiced and put in the freezer.  There are tons more that will be coming over the next month or so.  I'm gonna have to start baking I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment