Thursday, July 22, 2010

Canning Tomatoes and much more!

Oh my goodness! Today I learned and did so much!  I made my first attempt at canning tomatoes and learned about a local CSA that I'm gonna try out, a farm that gives out free mushroom compost, and a local elementary school that has an organic garden to teach the kids how to grow and cook organic!

I made a video of my canning adventure today!  Enjoy!

After I finished, I read that I was supposed to use bottled lemon juice and not fresh because it has a more consistent pH value. But hopefully it isn't a problem.  I guess we'll find out if the tomatoes spoil in the jar.

I also froze some yellow zucchini today.  I'm pretty much sick of zucchini at this point.  I plan on freezing most of what grows from now on.

Tomorrow I will be making pickles!

I had a great time today.  I'm proud of myself for learning so many new things and excited about how easy and fun it is to make little changes towards living more sustainably.

No comments:

Post a Comment