Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting so big and first harvest!

I'm so proud of my little garden!  It has really exploded.  If things continue, we will soon have a beautiful harvest of tomatoes, zucchini, tomatillos, and cucumbers!  I guess I should have listened to the recommended spacing, but I had no idea that they would all do so well!

Today we harvested the first cucumber.  It was about 7 inches and soooo yummy! 

I transplanted the pumpkin plants finally.  They didn't take the transfer very well, but I'm hoping that they perk up and take off like the rest of the plants have.

So far, the sonar gopher repeller is working really well.  I stuck it right in the middle of the tomatoes, in the hole that was left by the one plant the gophers took down.  The three lettuce plants that hadn't been kidnapped by gophers are now growing undisturbed.  I even felt confident enough to plant some more lettuce in that same bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment