Sunday, August 15, 2010

What a week away can do.

I just got back from a week visiting my sister in St. Kitts.  I left my garden in the hands of my husband.  I knew he could do a good job, but was a little concerned since I knew he was super busy with work.  To top things off, I have been combating a case of powdery mildew on my pumpkins.  I was a little concerned that my garden would not be the same when I returned.

Well I was right!  It wasn't the same.  It was even BETTER!

The eggplant has taken off.  There were two more large pumpkins.  The tomato plants have replenished their leaves.  A whole new batch of tomatillos were ready.  And three bell peppers are taunting me.

Oh and remember the basil that I had so many problems with?  The earwigs attacked it.  I transplanted it after it was overshadowed by the huge tomato plants.  It hung to life with one half eaten leaf.  Well, it has gotten over its shock and is now flourishing.














We also got our first fig harvest.  I had never had fresh figs before.  They are DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment